Jobs with African American Registry
African American Registry® is looking for people who are passionate about the black experience and have a desire to communicate that passion in the following areas:
1. Curriculum Diversity Trainer for K-12 Teachers (Minnesota):
• A qualified person to blend and explore classroom subjects and cultural diversity through our Teacher’s Forum, http://www.aaregistry.org/pages/teachers-forum.
• Show other educators how to recognize stereotypes, and how to develop a personal awareness of racial exclusion in any curriculum.
• To display these skills for classroom use in schools, community agencies or business through African American Registry website.
• Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in education or a related field
• Previous experience in curriculum development will be given preference
2. Web Ad Space and Sponsorship Sales:
• A qualified individual to create a ‘sweet spot’ of corporate and public website interest & support with client and Registry missions.
• Through sales we desire a person who will stimulate our existing visitor base while creating new communities with worldwide corporations and businesses.
• Bachelor’s or Associates degree in business management, communications, public affairs, or a related field
• Previous experience in public affairs, or web sales will be given preference
3. Grant Writer and Fundraiser:
• Fund development leader with National experience and knowledge of educational policy and programs.
• Ability to leverage resources and relationships for project success.
• A creative approach to challenges for resolution is essential.
• The candidate must move easily within multiple settings and audiences – public, private and non-profit.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or 2 or more years of experience with grant writing or fundraising.
4. Street Team Youth Program Coordinator:
• Facilitate our INNW youth/ elder program in Minnesota and Florida, http://www.aaregistry.org/pages/street-team-innw.
• Facilitate our HD in HD youth program, http://www.aaregistry.org/pages/street-team-hd-hd.
• (In Minnesota) College intern (paid) Bachelor’s degree in American Studies, Sociology or 2 or more years of experience with youth programs.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please submit your resume, salary requirements and a statement of interest to:
African American Registry